Executive Travel Claim Guidelines
The purpose of the Executive Travel funds is to assist executive members attend executive meetings. These funds are not meant to be used for AACUSS conferences but only to off-set specific costs of attending meetings.
- Reimbursement for travel using one’s own vehicle will be at a rate which will be established by combining the average kilometer rates of a university/college from each of the Atlantic Provinces.
- Travel forms must be completed (when possible) at the Executive meeting or be forwarded to the Treasurer at the earliest possible date and must be submitted within the same fiscal year in which the expense was incurred.
- Receipts must be provided for accommodations, transportation and meals.
- The per diem rate for meals at a rate which will be established by combining the average per diem rate of a university/college from each of the Atlantic Provinces.
- Accommodation costs should be the most economical rate available up to a maximum of $150.00 per day.
- Executive reimbursement for those not needing to fly to an AACUSS executive meeting is set at a maximum of $400 for a 12 month fiscal calendar going from April 1st – March 31st.
- Executive reimbursement for those needing to fly to an AACUSS executive meeting is set at 75% up to a total of $1000.00 for a 12 month fiscal calendar going from April 1st - March 31st .
- Reimbursement will be made upon receipt of the travel documentation, by the Treasurer. Additional information may be requested by the Treasurer for record keeping purposes.
General guidelines applying to travel expenditures of AACUSS Executive Members
- All related travel rates should be reviewed at the Annual AACUSS Conference New Executive Meeting to ensure rates are still reflective of current costs
- Exceptions to any of the above travel policies are at the discretion of the Treasurer in consultation with the President
- Executive Members must pursue the most economical means of transportation and accommodations possible
- Whenever possible, same day travel is encouraged.
- Where appropriate, car pooling is encouraged.
- Subject to availability to funding